This, people, is a matter of discernment, and discern you must for these reasons:
- Beer people will steer you toward great beers. Certainly, you will get drunk, but you’ll find yourself as happy as can be before you trip, fall, and lose consciousness.
- Beer-party-macro-suckers will spend nearly 4 hours funneling MGD down your neck while they repeatedly, over-enthusuastically claim for you that you are having a “great fucking time”.
- Beer people will find a way to get you a potent homebrew. That’s regularly the good stuff, and you should be thankful if any private brewer deems you worthy (if the beer is decent, that is).
- Beer-Pongers and Beer-Bongers will make certain that their sharpie art project on your unconscious cheek is anatomically correct. Hey, that counts for something, right?
- Beer people know where to go in a given city or town to get the goods, or at least get a seat at a good place to drink.
- Open-Throaters think the Honey Bucket is a GREAT place to conceive an illegitimate child.
Here are some helpful visual aids:
As a successful drinker, it is incumbent upon you to find beer people and drink with them. They know what they are doing because they did the exact same thing.